Hobson Prior are seeking a Construction Manager to help build a brand new biologics facility. Our client focuses on developing different drugs across a range of therapeutic areas and are looking for someone who has experience in construction management within life sciences.
- Supervise and direct construction project from conception to completion.
- Manage all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Direct construction workers, subcontractors and vendor.
- Provide CM leadership for the project by developing and maintaining strong relationships with our cross-functional partners, consultants, vendors, and contractors.
- Deliver project planning and scoping by working with cross-functional partners and internal customers to identify, sequence and package work scopes for execution.
- Creation and maintenance of construction schedules.
- Provide cost saving solutions and negotiate contractor change orders.
- Assist with developing capital project budgets, provide construction cost estimates and support capex forecasting process.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Supply construction consulting services to wider project team and other cross-functional departments.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Strong communication Leadership and human resources management skills.
- Able to negotiate and able to provide solutions to problems.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent degree and/or minimum of 8 years’ experience in any combination of construction, operations, maintenance, and project planning.
- Previously demonstrated working within construction management.
- In depth knowledge of construction management processes means and methods.
- Experience with ground-up construction and greenfield site development requirements.
- Experience in construction of Biotech production facilities of CapEx value 100 mEUR.
- Knowledge of building systems including mechanical, structural, electrical, utilities.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages.
- Experience with CPM scheduling practices and knowledge with Primavera P6 software.
- Project Manager Professional certification.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.