Requirement for a Research Scientist - Bispecific Screening - 12 months initially, potential to extend.
As a member of the Bispecific Screening Team, within the Bispecific Target Discovery Group, you will take on a pro-active role in assisting the development and prosecution of high-throughput, high-content cell-based screening assays. You will be involved in implementing functional in vitro immunological cell assays at different tiers of the screening cascade, profiling antibody combinations generated using our novel bispecific target discovery platform. The role demands proficient use of equipment and analysis tools in the capture, querying and delivery of quality data to the project team. You will be a flexible and proactive team player who is able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills, data management and record keeping. Working closely alongside a dynamic group of colleagues, good communication will be key to fulfil your day to day role and drive the progression of our projects.
• An experienced post-graduate or post-doc, with at least 1 years industrial experience in a cellular-biology setting (ideally immunology).
• Highly skilled in human primary cell isolation, culture and conducting human in vitro cell assays.
• Hands-on experience of flow cytometry and imaging techniques.
• Close attention to detail, accurate record keeping and exemplary organisational skills.
• Aptitude for communicating well and working effectively in a team.
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and proactive.
• In-depth knowledge of human Immuno-Oncology and relevant in vitro assays.
• Expert in complex microscopy and cell imaging analysis.
• Practiced in conducting or developing multiplex bead-based ELISA.
• Skilled in additional biochemical assay techniques.
• Applied experience of automated high-throughput systems.
• Familiarity with statistical methods and visualisation software for interpreting data.
Will consider a BSc with min 2 years industry or MSc with a year in industry, maybe placement year for example. Must have working experience in human cells and plate assays.