Hobson Prior are looking for a Bio Scientist to join a world-wide biopharmaceutical company who focus on developing pioneering medicines to transform the quality of life for people living with severe diseases. This role will provide the occasion to learn several bio-analytical assay techniques, and to develop and implement assays for new protein and biochemical analysis to support the development of novel protein therapeutics.
- Complete analysis of protein therapeutics using mass spectrometric techniques.
- Keep accurate records and contribute to authorship of analytical aspects of regulatory submissions, technical procedures, protocols and reports.
- Communication of technical analytical issues to senior analytical management.
- Assay and instrument troubleshooting.
- Research specific analytical protocols (literature) and keep aware of latest analytical techniques.
- Ensure lab equipment is properly maintained and functioning properly; initiate appropriate repair and maintenance.
- Making sure of appropriate lab material and consumables availability.
- Using HPLC and electrophoresis if necessary.
- Tackle scientific problems.
- Oral and written communication.
- Interpersonal relationship.
- Bachelor degree plus c.1-3 years laboratory experience (academic or industrial) using mass spectrometry.
- Demonstrated track record of mass spectrometric usage.
- Execution of new innovative techniques and technologies.
- A strong understanding of protein chemistry.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.