Initial contract until end of year with minimum 1 year extension
1. Performs analyses in the framework of pharmaceutical development projects.
2. Performs analyses on polymeric drug intermediates.
3. Performs typically the following types of analysis : HPLC (mainly) and Gel Permeation Chromatography.
Can also perform physical analyses (particle size, thermal analysis, X-ray diffraction).
4. Ensures day to day HPLC analyses to support the R&D Chemistry team, from reception of the samples up to rendering of results.
5. Analyses results with readiness to criticize and ensures the consistency of these results with existing data if relevant.
6. Masters the computer software in use at the laboratory (eg Empower).
7. Monitors the documentation associated with analytical laboratory activities.
8. Reads in English.
1. Makes sure to have received and understood all the information and instructions required for the tasks before starting work.
2. Respects the procedures and reports any discrepancies to the person in charge.
3. Respects and properly maintains the analytical equipment and facilities at his/her disposal.
4. Performs double check within the team.
5. Good communication skills.
The contractor will work within the Analytical Sciences for Pharmaceuticals department and will support the Chemical Process Research & Development team and also the Manufacturing Department by performing analyses on drug intermediates and by developing new analytical methods.
The contractor needs to be able to work in team, under the supervision of a scientist. The number of team members will depend on the project.
The contractor needs to be autonomous, well-organized and think pro-actively. He needs as well to show the necessary self-reflection on the data gathered. He needs to be creative when his/her activities lead him/her to adapt procedures or even develop new analytical methods.
Specific professional/technical expertise and key skills required:
Experimented Bachelor or Master in (bio-)chemistry and/or analytical chemistry with day-to-day practical experience in HPLC and/or GPC analysis.
Experience : 3-5 years in analytical chemistry, mainly LC techniques. Pharma background is not mandatory at all.
Basic knowledge/understanding of organic chemistry. Polymer knowledge is an asset.
Mandatory skills: team player, compliant/rigorous (understands the importance of following procedures)
Flexibility : needs to combine multiple tasks
o English: able to read scientific documents
o French: mandatory/fluent