Hobson Prior are looking for an Analytical Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company who purely concentrate on neurology and immunology. This position will be on a contract basis located in Slough.
- Undertaking a range of analytical biochemistry techniques in order to understand the impact of upstream process parameters on process performance, biology of the cells and product quality attributes.
- Provide in-process analysis of samples from cell culture and microbial fermentation processes using HPLC, UPLC and iCE3 systems.
- Ensure maintenance and functionality of analytical equipment in collaboration with internal maintenance teams.
- Support method development, optimisation and application of fit for purpose criteria as appropriate.
- Trending and analysing laboratory data and presenting results to line manager, USP team and at internal meetings as appropriate.
- Purification of process samples by affinity chromatography methods using small scale high throughput methods with a Tecan robotic platform.
- Providing traceable records of lab work such as batch records, electronic lab notebooks, excel templates, lab procedures, protocols and reports.
- Able to interpret and assess own data, to critically analyse data, draw conclusions and propose future work.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Having a proactive, positive, can-do attitude to work and problem-solving.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- A proven aptitude for laboratory work and practical experience with HPLC, UPLC and ICE3-based analytical methods.
- Experience with Empower software is ideal.
- Knowledge of high throughput purification methods using Tecan platforms is ideal.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.