Hobson Prior is working with a gene therapy company, who is committed to the development of novel gene therapies to transform the lives of patients suffering from acquired and inherited disorders. This innovative company is seeking a Microbiology QC Technician to be based in London on a permanent basis.
- Completes environmental monitoring of the organisations aseptic manufacturing facility, using a range of microbial and non-microbial techniques.
- Make’s sure that all testing is completed as per Environmental Monitoring programme.
- Adheres to aseptic technique when working in controlled facilities as well as QC laboratories.
- Completes analysis of the environmental monitoring samples.
- Updates the EM results database.
- Sustains QC facilities to meet GMP requirements, conducts necessary checks to support any health authority, customer/stakeholder site visits.
- Supports QC testing of materials and products as required.
- Records and reports out of specification results and implements corrective actions as applicable.
- Undertakes analysis as required to support process investigations or process qualification and validation exercises.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment, ensuring all equipment is calibrated and suitable for use as applicable.
- Prioritises and plans work activities whilst using time efficiently.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations.
- Can achieve challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcome obstacles.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions and demonstrates good presentation skills.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively and can read and interpret written information.
- BSc in Microbiology or equivalent relevant work experience in pharmaceutical or other similar regulated industry (i.e. biologics or medical devices).
- Preferred knowledge of GMP/GLP regulations, FDA regulations, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.