Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Development Scientist for an exciting opportunity to join a biotechnology company who focus on developing a completely new class of therapeutics In this position you will assist in experimental design, such as using a Design of Experiments approach and execute experimental programmes using automated ambr15 system, Wave and stirred tank bioreactor platforms.
- Up-stream process development.
- Write/revise/review SOP’s, risk assessments, protocols and reports.
- Complete laboratory tasks including general housekeeping, equipment monitoring and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot equipment and methods within the process development and manufacturing teams.
- Achieve the following established procedures including, but not limited to, cell culture (adherent/Suspension), and exosome harvest.
- Produce exosome harvest to support downstream process development and process characterization.
- Plan their daily work activities, (e.g. the operation of equipment, cell culture, data analysis and report writing) based on experimental plans and time scales set out by their supervisor.
- Recognize, record and inform their supervisor of issues pertaining to particular operational problems or scientific/technical issues relating to their daily work activities.
- Offer suggestions for resolution of technical issues based on experience. The development scientist will be expected to show creativity in resolving issues.
- Communicate verbally and in writing within the CMC group.
- Present scientific data at internal CMC meetings.
- Computer literate including MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effective communication skills.
- Capable of receiving and correctly following instructions and seek clarification if instructions are unclear.
- BSc or MSc in Biological Sciences/cell biology.
- 1-5 years’ experience in a relevant work environment.
- Experience of operating Bioreactor systems (Stirred tank, Wave systems).
- Experience of operating Ambr15 for clone selection, media optimisation and process development would be advantageous.
- Experience of experimental design, e.g. using DoE software.
- Experienced in executing experiments using ambr15, Wave, stirred tank bioreactors.
- Ideally with experience and/or understanding of Cell Line Development.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.