You will be part of a team supporting cellular biomarker research and clinical implementation in indications where immune cells play a disease relevant role. You will directly contribute to clinical research with your expertise in immunology, cytometry and applied cellular biomarker measurement in clinical trials. You will contribute to shaping and enabling the implementation of clinical biomarker strategies to support dose finding, MoA confirmation and patient stratification.
Key tasks will include method development, validation, sample measurement, CRO monitoring, data analysis and interpretation, always ensuring timely delivery of high quality data within forecasted budget. As appropriate, you will evaluate innovative technologies, laboratories, collaborators and workflows, striving to apply the best approach to address the intended biological question.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Plans, develops, performs and monitors complex flow cytometry experiments internally and at contracted laboratories, applying high scientific standards within the context of clinical studies.
- Responsibility for designing and establishing experimental protocols, processing raw data, creating or reviewing reports to support the project biology or clinical biomarker team.
- Presentation of results to supervisor, team members, within the department, to collaborators, ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Drive for results (demonstrates interest and ability to learn new things, takes initiative, welcomes problems as challenges, finds solutions to technical problems, persists in the face of diversity)
- Maintain thorough knowledge of own scientific field and application of this knowledge to advance projects or molecules.
- Contribute to scientific manuscript preparations or other publications of the group in peer reviewed journals, at scientific conferences, intellectual property, etc.
- May either work as an individual or within a small team according to project needs.
Master or PhD with relevant expertise in immunology and flow cytrometry.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge:
- Hands on experience in performing flow cytometry experiments using BD FACSCanto, LSRII or Fortessa instruments, analysing and interpreting flow cytometry data (FlowJo, FACSDiva, Spotfire)
- Ability to independently design high multiplexed flow cytometry panels (minimum 8 color)
- Working experience with immune cells and applying immunological methods
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Expertise in biomarker method validation and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice as well as CRO monitoring is an advantage