Hobson Prior is seeking a QA Batch Release Specialist for an exciting position based in Birmingham. The client is a world leader in specialised medical diagnostics and joining them will enable you to become part of a global community delivering new and innovative solutions to the market.
- Responsible for the line management of the QA Batch Release team within the Quality Administration Group.
- Accountable for planning own workload without day to day input from Line Manager, influencing personal training and establishing appropriate timelines for long term projects.
- Organise workload and set objectives for direct reports to ensure that operative objectives of the department are met and delivered within agreed timescales.
- Responsible for planning staff 1-2-1’s, IPDs, Development plans and for addressing any performance issues for direct reports and supply assistance and guidance in the management for indirect reports.
- Assist in the assessment of staff for annual pay review.
- Support the assessment and management of staff (both direct and indirect) performance in relation to Company expectations.
- Complying with the Company’s Health and Safety policies for the well-being of all employees within the Company.
- Carry out Device History Record checks at predetermined manufacturing ‘gateways’ to enable kit release.
- Verify information in the DHR meets the requirements for the Device Master Record.
- Act upon the batch release schedule priority, feeding back kit release problems to Manufacturing managers and the Planning Team where appropriate.
- Maintain and publish KPI’s for the DHR release process.
- Must be able to work and lead in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Can work independently and prioritizes work load to business requirements.
- Degree or equivalent in Biological sciences or similar.
- Previous experience in working in a regulated industry.
- Supervisory experience.
- Functional QA or QC position within a regulated industry.
- Currently working in a similar QA release role.
- Knowledge of Quality principles / Quality systems.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.