Hobson Prior are looking for an Operations Planner to join a Research Centre on a permanent basis in Stevenage. Our client focuses on advancing the growth of cell and gene therapy research across the UK, helping to promote the use of these therapies throughout the health services all over the world.
- Coordinate all the organisations, collaborator and contractor activities within the Manufacturing Centre production areas.
- Within the Manufacturing Centre production areas manage the collaborators needs on a daily base.
- Work closely with the Collaborator Project Manager on the collaborator on-boarding process, moving collaborators into the Manufacturing Centre in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure continuous improvement philosophy is incorporated into the scheduling system.
- Represent as the first point of contact within the manufacturing area between the collaborators, and report observations to the senior management team.
- Liaise with the collaborators and organisations manufacturing Centre Engineering, Warehouse, Technical Services, Quality Assurance and Quality Control teams to ensure the efficient, effective & compliant coordination of all activities in the event of an unplanned event such as a supply chain issue.
- Report collaborator requirements to senior management.
- Work closely with the organisations engineering and facility management team and the warehouse team to ensure seamless operations for the collaborators.
- Work closely with the cleaning team.
- Manage and schedule waste collection services.
- Manage and schedule warehouse services.
- Assist with the scheduling of QC services.
- Excellent people/communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate with a wide range of customer needs.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills.
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure, able to prioritise a heavy workload and work both reactively and pro-actively.
- Keeps up to date with professional knowledge, expertise and best practice.
- MSc or BSc in a relevant biological or scientific discipline and/or relevant commercial experience/qualification.
- Proven experience of working within a GMP environment.
- Previous experience in Project management and interaction with customers/clients.
- Scheduling in a production or similar environment.
- Ideally production management or team leader role within an aseptic manufacturing facility.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.