Head of Quality – 9237
A great opportunity to work full time for a Pharmaceutical company based in the East Midlands, UK
My client is keen to employ someone who will be responsible for the day to day management of the Quality Systems and Quality Assurance team, to ensure compliant lifecycle management of products and full adherence to the Quality System.
This candidate will also support growth and commercial opportunities within the business, and ensure the implementation of the Quality Strategy.
· Leadership and development of the Quality Assurance team.
· Establish and maintain appropriate and fit for purpose quality policies, systems and procedures to support the external network to ensure continuing compliance and to identify and implement opportunities for improvements.
· Drives the continuous improvement of the Quality System through the use of appropriate Lean tools (such as VSM, 5S, Lean Enabling Projects implementation and control etc.), including the implementation of improvement projects to reduce process variability and eliminate waste.
· Responsibility for setting budgets for the QA function and maintaining control of expenditure.
· Communicates Quality issues to VP, Quality and Senior Management in a timely manner
· Degree in a life science, as well as membership of an appropriate Professional Body.
· Extensive experience (at least 10 years) working in the Pharmaceutical, Devices or related industry with a working knowledge of the requirements of the MHRA and FDA essential, along with understanding of ISO requirements.
· Acting as a QP is not essential for this position
· Experience within Pharmaceutical Development, Clinical Trial Manufacture and Commercial Manufacture
· Demonstrated leadership and organisational skills and proven track record of building and developing high performance teams
· Demonstrated gravitas and credibility, can influence
· Problem-solving approach, resourceful and inventive
· Can adapt to situations quickly
· Experience in managing QPs and is familiar in leading QP releasing persons/units/processes
· Demonstrated ability to recognise business needs, think strategically and develop risk mitigation strategies
· Thorough understanding of Industry Pharmaceutical Quality Systems or equivalent GMP
· Experience and ability to operate in all aspects of GMP / Quality teamwork
You will receive from this role:
An opportunity to travel across other sites
Excellent support structure
Please send your CV to Steven.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 333 5 777 578