1 year contract - 4 days on site, 1 day from home
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a freelancer/contractor to join one of the UK’s leading pharmaceutical and health companies as a Digital Communications Manager (one of two positions being recruited) within the UK’s External Affairs Department. The company is the UK subsidiary of a global healthcare company, focused on addressing unmet health needs worldwide.
Operating in 140 countries, the company discovers, manufactures and delivers innovative medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products. These roles will support the ongoing transformation of our approach to digital communications. While we have significantly transformed our approach to digital communications, there is opportunity to take this further by bringing in new perspectives, outside expertise and other tested approaches.
Success to date has included rapidly building a strong corporate social media presence with high engagement levels including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube and with further channel expansion plans. We have also successfully tested integrated marketing and communication campaigns and approaches including internal digital channels to drive employee engagement, online earnt and paid online media coverage as well as developing our websites from our corporate site through to platforms aimed at our healthcare professional community.
As a result, we are seeking two digital communication managers who have a strong understanding of the digital communications environment and opportunities which can be further explored or maximised. The roles will be mainly supporting our franchise and therapy teams, so you will be involved in cross-functional team working and projects as well as the UK’s strategic communications team, particularly around social media and corporate reputation.
We are looking for freelancers/contractors who ideally have an understanding of working in digital in a regulated industry, preferably with healthcare expertise and can blend strategic thinking and strong project management with creativity and tenacity to build campaigns and approaches that enable us to both build our corporate reputation alongside the difference we make to patients in key therapy areas. These roles will report to a Director of Policy & Communication.
Skills & competencies required:
To be successful in this role, we are looking for you to show us your track record in developing and implementing digital communications programmes and campaigns aimed at both raising the profile of our business and franchise/therapy areas as well as manage/protect our reputation. At the core of this role is the ability to think strategically and develop approaches with sound objectives as well as effective outputs and programmes. We are looking for someone who can inspire and lead further change and transformation, provide a fresh approach while building on the work to date alongside the team.
In summary, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
• Have broad and wide ranging digital communications skills and expertise including:
o Social media – including organic campaigns, paid for campaigns, other social tactics such as closed groups and live events
o Online media relations
o Website development
o Community management planning & execution
o Issues & crisis management
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Provide superior project management, governance and time management skills
• Have a good understanding and application of social media tools and how to develop/use clear KPIs, metrics as well as campaign analytics and insights.
Experience in following platforms we use would be beneficial:
o Listening – Brandwatch/Social Studio
o Publishing – Social Studio
o Content library – Kapost
• Experience in developing and building channel architecture and managing channels as well as a strong understanding of the various social media channels including but not limited to Twitter, You Tube, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
• Is an effective team player both within comms teams and cross-functionally
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach
• Have a wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Have gravitas including strong presentation and interpersonal skills – and able to lead engagement and training sessions on digital communications
• Has directly or indirectly managed other team members/helped to built talent
• Graduate or equivalent experience, with 3-5 years’ experience in digital communications roles.
This role is predominantly head office based, 4 days a week min or full time, with some travel as required for UK meetings/stakeholder meeting. Some home working would be possible after an induction period.