Hobson Prior is seeking a Senior Director – Pharmacovigilance – to join an R&D-based pharmaceutical and biotechnology company based in Galashiels, Scotland. This role reports into the Vice President of Pharmacovigilance and is an exciting opportunity for you to contribute to ensuring the safety of the client’s products.
Senior Director – Pharmacovigilance – Galashiels, Scotland
- Ensure the high quality, accurate, timely medical contributions to the safety evaluation of the client’s products by leading global safety teams
- Prepare aggregate reports, ensuring consistent messaging across all documents issues, in order to provide medical review and interpretation of safety data
- Provide medical expertise to the preparation of responses to questions regarding the safe use of the client’s products, contributing to the formulation and review of pharmacovigilance documentation
- Provide updated safety profiles of the client’s products to senior management
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with multinational teams, in a multicultural environment
- Can work effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced situations, juggling numerous deadlines and priorities simultaneously
- A responsible, flexible and proactive approach
- Medically qualified physician with post-registration clinical experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with pharmacovigilance or related area of clinical development
- Proven knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to pharmacovigilance in the pre and post-approval environments would be advantageous
- Fluency in the English language will be required
- Experience in the use and management of drug safety databases and MedRA coding
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading specialist life science recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.