An exciting new opportunity as a Category Manager for a growing specialist healthcare company, with an interesting and diverse product range across medical devices and pharmaceuticals. As Category Manager you will provide comprehensive procurement support to the Manufacturing and Supply operations. The role is based in Surrey.
Commutable from: Surrey, London, Berkshire
As Category Manager you will be responsible for:
- Leading initiatives to reduce cost base, increase flexibility and underpin supply reliability within the supply chain.
- Develop sourcing strategies aligned with company and procurement objectives and conduct procurement programmes to identify suitable suppliers for the business.
- Negotiate preferential contract terms with suppliers and mitigate risk for the business and work alongside the in-house legal team to draft contractual language.
- Support management of suppliers’ performance and explore opportunities for continuous improvement within the supply chain to reduce long term costs for the business.
- Ensure compliance with procurement processes and deliver procurement-related training to the business.
The successful candidate will bring to the role:
- Procurement experience (minimum 5 years).
- Experience in the procurement of manufacturing related goods, in particular commodity items (raw materials and consumables) and capital equipment.
- A degree in science or engineering.
- Knowledge and experience of e-procurement tools and P2P platforms.
- Highly effective negotiation skills with third parties and internal stakeholders; the ability to influence and deliver mutually acceptable outcomes.
- Commercial acumen, excellent numeracy and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- CIPS or MBA qualified preferred.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical sector is preferred.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits package including a 20% bonus.
- The opportunity to drive change at an expanding business with an exciting and diverse product range.
Please apply using the form below.