Hobson Prior is working with a well-known international pharmaceutical company with sites around the globe is looking to hire a Medical Information Specialist. The company specialises in developing and producing medicines and vaccines for a wide range of therapeutic areas including oncology, cardiology and immunology.
The Medical Information Specialist (MIS) responsibilities include but are not limited to, researching and preparing responses for medical inquiries, as well as interfacing with and supporting Business Units Product/Therapeutic Team(s) and Global colleagues by providing medical information, and analysis of inquiry trends to support departmental and company objectives.
Additional expectations of this role include direct frontline customer interactions and providing technical and medical information with high quality customer service.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for MI on responsible product(s)
- Exhibits broad knowledge of assigned therapeutic area and a solid understanding of pertinent disease state(s)
- Handles escalated MI inquiries from various sources
- Increases awareness of MI function with internal/external stakeholders
- Aligns with Global counterparts to ensure an open exchange of product information, business intelligence and best practices and participates in cross-border projects
- Analyses inquiry data to identify trends and communicates salient points to the Product/Therapeutic Team(s) and to in-Countries Medical Directors and/or local Business Units
- Act as Regional Medical Information contact point for local issues (example, stock outs, local press releases) and medical communications (linking with Medical Scientific Relations (MSRs) to ensure aligned Medical communications)
- Creates and maintains MI documents by ensuring that responses are medically and scientifically accurate, timely, balanced, and meet customers’ needs. Ensures the alignment of response documents to global/region/local labelling and licensing for all the countries we support
- Proactively seeks continuous improvement in MI processes and responses
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders where applicable to ensure MI responses are appropriately aligned within the scope of MI
- Reviews and approves MI documents completed by others when appropriate
- Ensures that affiliated contact centres have the necessary training and resources to appropriately meet customer needs and expectations. Maintain a constant interaction with the contact centres for training, updating, and for supporting them in handling issues that might occur locally
- Together with the Brand and Medical Teams, facilitates the development and maintenance of formulary-related documents in support of improving access to managed care formularies and their distribution through the call centres
- Participates as a member and MI resource on Business Units Product/Therapeutic Team(s)
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life science recruiter focussed on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.