Hobson Prior are looking for a Therapy Area Medical Lead (Neurology and Rare Disease) to join a global biopharmaceutical organisation who are focused on providing pioneering medicines in Oncology, Neuroscience and Rare Diseases to improve the quality of life for patients.
- You will lead a therapeutic area team to develop and implement the medical and scientific strategy for both the current and future pipeline products and indications.
- Guide the development of integrated data generation plans by their relevant therapeutic area team and the implementation thereof, including medical assessment and approval of clinical study protocols on a local level and relevant Investigator sponsored trials.
- Managing Study Responsible Physicians and evaluate product aspects that are relevant to drug safety from a clinical perspective.
- Responsible for both the medical strategy and tactical plan development with co-ordination of activities in their respective therapeutic Area.
- Represents the company as a key clinical expert in front of leading medical experts, professional associations and institutions in their therapeutic area. Interacts closely with commercial and market access counterparts on the disease area level and is responsible for the implementation of aligned medical education events.
- Work with relevant GMA medical teams to shape and influence strategies, plans and tactics to ensure they reflect the needs of the UK market.
- You will ensure all individuals, strategies and processes are in compliance with all relevant guidelines and regulations.
- Fluent English (spoken and written) is essential.
- Has the ability and the mandate to shape the external environment and shows a superb aptitude in partnering relevant external and also all internal stakeholder in the Therapeutic Area especially the Market Access and Marketing and Sales colleagues.
- You will be a qualified physician or UK registered Pharmacist with either a specialty degree or several years of experience in the therapeutic area or Life Science graduate ideally with higher degree (MSc, MBA, PhD or similar).
- You will have a minimum of 5+ years of line management leadership experience.
- Ideally 5+ years medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry ideally with prior experience within the therapeutic area.
- Professional experience in hospital or practice within the therapeutic area plus professional experience as Country Advisor/Manager or in a comparable position.
- Experience in design, planning and conduct of clinical research protocols.
- Previous experience in producing publications for research undertaken (posters, presentations and publications).
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.