Hobson Prior is seeking a Senior Medical Director for a innovative biotechnology company, to be based in the USA on a permanent basis. The Senior/Medical Director, Medical Affairs will be responsible for Medical Affairs leadership in the successful preparation and execution of a launch of a new product as well as subsequent lifecycle management activities. S/he will play a key role in bringing a transformative therapy to patients in need. In addition, as the Medical Affairs department is relatively new at the company, this position will contribute to the growth and development of the department overall, bringing with them perspectives and experience that will set the foundation for Medical Affairs within the company. This role requires leadership capabilities within a matrixed environment as well as a commitment to “rolling up one’s sleeves” to get the work done.
- Develop and execute a cross-functionally aligned strategic Medical Affairs plan, inclusive of performance metrics, to ensure the successful launch of a new product and subsequent successful life cycle management
- Establish or strengthen professional relationships with the medical and scientific community and compliantly exchange scientific knowledge with global and regional thought leaders, including 1:1 interactions, congress engagements, and advisory boards
- Be a subject matter expert, sharing knowledge and providing informed recommendations to other functions as needed. In particular,
- collaborate with the Commercial organization to ensure external-facing materials and presentations are scientifically rigorous and clinically meaningful
- Manage, mentor and contribute to building the Medical Affairs team to meet the needs of the organization
- Work with the internal teams to develop key messages regarding disease state, MOA, target product profile, and molecular diagnostics
- Assess scientific/medical and educational needs across a variety of external stakeholders and subsequently develop the strategic direction for support of ISTs and CME activities, including chairing relevant review committees
- Collaborate internally with clinical and regulatory departments to support the planning, execution, and management of clinical trial activities, including ensuring that appropriate institutions and academic centers have opportunities to participate in the company’s clinical programs.
- Support the Field Medical Science teams globally to provide expertise, materials, and support as they engage with the broader HCP community.
- Remain on the forefront of the relevant science and competitive landscape
- Experience conducting formal presentations to Senior Management and external opinion leaders
- Strong analytical skills, especially with regard to understanding and interpreting scientific and clinical research and literature, are essential
- Demonstrated self-starter and team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Adept, nimble, energetic and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment
- Capable of taking a hands-on approach and willing to “roll up one’s sleeves”
- MD, PharmD or PhD with Oncology, Allergy/Immunology, or rare disease experience is required; a minimum of 5 years of medical affairs or clinical research experience within the pharmaceutical industry, CRO health-related consulting company, or biomedical/clinical experience within academia (or a combination of aforementioned)
- Launch experience is critical, and experience launching the first compound for a company is highly desirable
- Ability to think innovatively about medical affairs strategy and accurately anticipate future consequences and trends
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and model collaborative behaviour by soliciting opinions, coupled with the ability to make key decisions and be effective in getting the team behind the decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life science recruiter focussed on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vaccancy.