Hobson Prior is seeking a Scientific Information Manager – Librarian for an exciting position based in the UK on a contract basis. The client is a world leading biopharmaceutical company and joining them will enable you to work in a driven and exciting environment.
The Scientific Information Manager will be responsible for the management of the scientific library database or portal, the associated processes and the scientific journal subscriptions at the company. The role will have oversight of the scientific journal subscriptions and ensuring that these subscriptions are optimised and fit for purpose. This will include the management of the budget associated with maintaining a library solution, the associated subscriptions and copyright. The Scientific Information Manager will ensure enough end-user training is delivered.
- Develop “trusted advisor” relationships with key internal stakeholder groups.
- Understand developments within key internal stakeholder groups to foresee future content and work-flow technology requirements.
- Prioritise responses to stakeholder needs to achieve maximum ROI on the company’s content investment.
- Ensure library service effectively supports strategies and objectives of key stakeholder groups.
- Work in close collaboration with company stakeholders (users of the database and consumers of scientific journal articles) to ensure the database / portal optimally meet their needs
- Regularly review the scientific journal subscriptions at the company with internal stakeholders
- Act as the main contact point with the database / portal provider through regular meetings to resolve any issues promptly and to remain on the forefront of enhancements.
- Develop and implement a strategic vendor relationship management approach, likely to include continuous identification of additional value opportunities, leveraging vendor innovation and strategic negotiations.
- Analyse usage statistics to inform negotiation strategy and ensure optimal subscription vs. document delivery balance.
- Develop and implement vendor performance monitoring and improvement approach, e.g. through jointly agreed KPIs.
- Manage the relationships with publishers and ensure timely and appropriate renewals.
- A Life Science or relevant library or information services degree.
- >4 years work experience in a similar role in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a library dataset and the associated processes.
- A working knowledge of copyright requirements.
- Vendor relationship management experience.
- Languages: English (excellent oral & written) mandatory. Others an advantage.
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrates good time management skills and is self-motivated
- Excellent understanding of document indexing
If you are interested in learning more or applying to the exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life science recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading specialist life science recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.