Hobson Prior are seeking a Scientific Communications Director to join a global pharmaceutical company who focus on helping millions of patients by creating pioneering medicines and diagnostics tests. This position will be in Switzerland on a contract basis.
- You will be accountable for dissemination of data through an orchestrated Scientific Communications strategy.
- Drives the publication activities, such as submissions to peer reviewed journals, scientific and medical education activities at congresses.
- Responsible for the development of patient focused educational materials.
- Responsible for organizing and driving the Medical Education and Internal Communication activities at congresses.
- Drives, coordinates and communicates activities related to pre-congress medical education materials, including e-learnings and others.
- Responsible for the review and the approval process for grants, sponsorships and donations with educational intent.
- Delivers input and/or leads advisory board plans for assigned molecules/franchise.
- Leads and delivers presentations during advisory boards and/or dedicated sections related to the relevant areas, e.g. publication and medical education.
- Budget planning and tracking of the respective areas/activities in close collaboration with relevant colleagues.
- Involvement in regular prioritization, delegation and alignment discussions with vendors.
- Strategic agility and decision-making, achieving results, within given timeframes and on budget.
- Technical and business expertise, including analyzing wide range of data and information.
- Project management skills and financial acumen for effective budget/resource management.
- Ability to learn and use new databases/IT systems.
- Strong customer orientation and focus.
- Professional experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry or related experience.
- Strong scientific background with Doctorate level degree is preferred.
- Medical affairs, clinical development or medical communications experience is preferred.
- Experience in preclinical/clinical research, pharmaceutical project management and/or product marketing experience is a plus.
- Experience in leading peer-reviewed publications or medical education/communications, in partnership with scientific experts.
- Prior experience in interpreting and presenting scientific data.
- Prior experience in external agency management and in budget management is preferred.
- Relevant therapeutic area experience (as typically measured by 2 or more years) would be preferred.
- Understanding of drug development process and regulatory/legal environment for drug development and registration, clinical trials and medical communications is required.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.