Hobson Prior is seeking a Regional Market Access Manager to join a global biopharmaceutical company based in the North of England. A very patient-focused company, whose scientific research has resulted in 15 marketed products that are benefitting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. The main responsibility for this role will be working with Commissioners, Payers, Clinical budget holders and other relevant decision makers in the NHS.
- Making sure appropriate and consistent patient access to the company’s medicines within the regional payer and provider trust environment.
- Allow optimisation of funding for service elements (patient pathways) in the therapeutic areas.
- Managing & implementing the company’s market access strategy for the North of England region.
- Creating strong working relationships with relevant NHS commissioning personnel to enable implementation of the organisations access strategies.
- Creating the environment where appropriate budget / funding is available for the current portfolio at regional and provider trust / health board / account level.
- Articulate and refine brand value propositions through use of the company approval Payer Tools and messaging.
- Close proactive teamwork with cross functional teams to ensure alignment between national and regional/local plans.
- Scoping out the potential opportunities within the changing NHS environment and integrated health care approaches.
- Identifying opportunities to optimise funding for service elements (eg patient pathways) in the therapeutic areas within which the organisation works.
- Capable of leading teams without direct line management responsibility.
- Strategic thinking and ability to influence senior managers to implement ideas and strategies.
- Highly numerate with proven ability to have peer-to-peer, articulate and financially based conversations with senior level stakeholders.
- Prior pharmaceutical market access / key account management experience is essential.
- Demonstrated delivery of successful outcomes in the payer environment ensuring access e.g. Advanced Product Notification leading to appropriate funding, Re-design of Treatment Pathways, Formulary Approvals, Tender Strategy implementation.
- Advanced Product Notification leading to appropriate funding, Re-design of Treatment Pathways, Formulary Approvals, Tender Strategy implementation.
- Knowledge of NHS Commissioning, the Long-Term Plan & Integrated Care Models.
- Knowledge of health economics and demonstrable ability with budget impact / cost-effectiveness models.
- Educated to degree level with relevant experience in the healthcare industry/ NHS.
- Vast knowledge of the HIV, HCV and Oncology therapy areas.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.