Hobson Prior is working with a well-known global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas is looking to hire an Oncology External Sponsored Research Coordinator. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to work at a top global pharmaceutical company that has a workforce of more than 6,700 employees across multiple sites in the UK.
- Accountable for Operational coordination and management for review, evaluation, initiation and conduct of Externally Sponsored Research (ESRs) studies in the UK
- Lead the project management of research projects ensuring compliance with project management guidelines, external regulations, and internal processes to enable the timely delivery of high quality ESRs. Acts as the primary link, working with the Oncology Medical Team, between the Sponsor (Institute) and the company’s UK Oncology Business Unit.
- Accountable for study status updates to management, research agreement negotiations, and study-related milestones payments.
- Timely progression of new study ESR proposals received and active tracking of existing ESRs to ensure that milestones are delivered to plan
- Timely research agreement development/negotiation with sponsor, obtaining expert support from legal and medical teams as necessary
- Study financial tracking and management
- Study status update management on a regular timescale as agreed with Oncology Medical Leads
- End user support and training for Medical Team, for processes/systems within country
- Ensure drug supply is well planned for active/ongoing studies and ensure appropriate documentation of close-out of completed studies
- Update with complete and accurate data in the ESR operations system and database
- Coordination and active liaison with MHRA finance team to maintain and resolve IRiS issues, maintaining department logs and tracking spreadsheets to support this activity and ensuring positive and proactive MHRA finance support
- Approval management steps of Regulatory Approval Process with minimum supervision, including uploading documents in a timely manner to eMC and IPHA
- Proactively identifies and implements opportunities for new administration systems and processes to maximise office efficiency
- Co-ordinates departmental meetings related to ESRs/ studies
- Current working knowledge of ISS Databases and Systems
- Proven track record of delivering projects
- Experience of exercising judgement to make decisions when appropriate
- Self-starter, able to prioritise own workload, work unsupervised and use own initiative to solve problems
- Experience of working cross functionally/collaboratively both internally and externally
- Degree level education or equivalent working experience
- Project Management skills
- Able to perform effectively under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi task
- Organisational skills
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life science recruiter focussed on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.