Hobson Prior are currently seeking a Manager (Public Affairs) for a research-based biopharmaceutical company. Our client is very patient-focused, whose scientific research has benefitted hundreds of thousands of people by ensuring medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. This role is accountable for assisting with overall philanthropic mission and operations. This includes corresponding with organizations regarding grants processes and funding priorities, triaging and managing review of grant requests and processing grant payments within the limits of overall grants budgets.
- Manage overall grant and sponsorship strategies and programs to meet company goals.
- Oversee the annual budget for the grants function, including monthly and quarterly liaison with finance.
- Manage post-approval grant process including timely submission of impact reports from grantees.
- Work with the corporate communications function within Public Affairs as needed to communicate relevant stories related to grant funded projects.
- Take responsibility for communicating strategies and updates to internal teams.
- Assess grant applications for alignment with funding priorities and compliance with regulations and policies and propose funding recommendations to grant review committees.
- Lead face to face meetings with grant review committees to review and assess grant applications with a view to making funding decisions.
- Communicate with grant applicants for additional clarifications, as required.
- Track donation activities and respond to grantee inquiries about grant funding priorities and application submission and review processes.
- Liaise with grantees and internal functional areas about requests for no-cost extensions, budget reallocations, and changes to proposals.
- Liaise with company’s global and affiliate offices in relation to specific grant requests and to supply general updates.
- Participate as a member of cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategies and programs to meet company goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to navigate a large corporate environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Robust organizational skills and a great attention to detail.
- Capable of multi-tasking and balance multiple competing priorities.
- Decision-making skills and professional maturity is admirable.
- 4-5+ years of experience specific to this position (Pharmaceutical industry experience is desirable).
- Interest in learning and understanding the science behind the company’s business.
- In-depth knowledge and experience using several office software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- The ideal candidate will show a high level of personal integrity and teamwork.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.