Hobson Prior is working with an excellent multinational healthcare company that is seeking a skilled International Medical Director, you will be based in the UK on a contract basis. This is a chance to join a top healthcare organisation who provide an innovative range of diagnostic solutions and medicines.
This IMD role is the core PDMA, responsible for the development and execution of evidence generation strategy for the assigned product(s)/disease area (DA) based on key insights and perspectives from multiple stakeholders (HCPs, patients, nurses and payers)
- IMD provides medical/clinical expertise and input into the development of market access, brand and lifecycle strategies for the product(s)/DA
- Accountable and responsible for the benefit risk assessment of the assigned product(s) in relation to Medical Affairs evidence generation and activities
- Stays abreast of internal and external developments, trends and other dynamics relevant for the assigned DA to maintain a fully current view and perspectives of external influences
- Accountable for the evidence generation strategy planning and execution, incl. (but not limited to) identifying medical and access gaps and needs as part of the overall medical strategy
- Drives and leads the strategy of the integrated evidence generation activities, incl. clinical studies, Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS), RWD and others
- Accountable for the oversight of all clinical trials within medical affairs for assigned product(s)/DA, including affiliate clinical trials
- Identifies potential medical interests for line extensions according to scientific rationale and good understanding of the actual and anticipated future directions of medical practice
- Assesses the needs and coordinates compassionate use of the assigned product(s)
- In collaboration with GPMA and IMT, identifies the evidence generation needs/gaps in order to obtain and maintain patient access and integrates them into the evidence generation strategy
- Provides medical expertise and input into the market access, brand and lifecycle strategies and plans (e.g. Life Cycle Plans, Brand Plans, Launch Plans, Comparative Benefit Risk
- Assessments and other relevant documents)
- Represents PDMA and provides medical expertise to the IPST and other relevant teams
- Professional experience, both in clinical practice and within the pharmaceutical industry (preferably in medical function at global or regional/affiliate level)
- Strong knowledge of the overall drug development process and experience in development and implementation of clinical trials
- Relevant clinical and scientific knowledge
- Previous experience with launch of drugs/indications is a plus
- Experience in the principles of data analysis, interpretation and assessing clinical relevance
- Experience of partnership with TAEs and external organizations is strongly preferred
- Good understanding of business context, incl. access evidence requirements and external value/decision-making drivers is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- MD with relevant clinical experience (patient care decision-making) at the point of care. Specialization degree and experience in the disease area are a plus.
- High ethical standards
- Strategic agility and decision-making ability.
- Functional competencies, including but not limited to organization, prioritization and planning skills, negotiation skills, communication & presentation skills
- Ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment with shared accountability and responsibilities
- Ability to work across multiple cultures and countries
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life science recruiter focussed on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.