Hobson Prior are looking for a Head of Medical Affairs (EU) to join a top biotechnology organisation on a permanent basis in Stevenage. Our client concentrates on developing pioneering gene therapies to enable people living with chronic diseases live a better life.
- Deliver medical expert knowledge for the products and therapy areas for which they are responsible.
- Keep up to date with therapy area and ensure this is appropriately communicated across the organisation.
- Co-operate with appropriate partners to support the development of market access strategies for the organisation’s portfolio.
- The creation, agreement and delivery of a global medical affairs strategy for the products and therapy areas for which they are responsible.
- Lead and manage KOL interactions including advisory board management.
- Ensure all GMA activity is compliant with relevant legal regulatory and industry standards.
- Establish clear directions for GMA, ensuring clear and appropriate objectives and role guides are established for each function as the group expands and additional members are recruited and that such staff are appropriately managed and trained.
- Training of non-GMA staff as required.
- Appropriately manage and engage any third-party providers, eg event’s organisers, to ensure business objectives are met.
- Responsible to ensure medical content of documents is accurate and of high quality.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders providing support as required.
- Medical degree with a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Prior experience of working with GTMP, haemophilia or rare disease products.
- Substantial experience in Global Medical Affairs.
- Experience of promotional material review.
- A demonstrated capability to create and drive an effective global medical affairs strategy.
- Previous experience of establishing a medical affairs compliance framework.
- Significant line management experience preferably including experience building, managing and developing country level medical affairs teams.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.