Hobson Prior are looking for a Global Scientific Director to join a Swiss international healthcare organisation who are focused on offering medical solutions in order to transform patients’ lives.
- Accountable for the evidence generation strategy planning and execution, including identifying medical and access gaps and needs as part of the overall medical strategy.
- Deliver medical expertise and input into the market access, brand and lifecycle strategies and plans (e.g. Life Cycle Plans, Brand Plans, Launch Plans, Comparative Benefit Risk Assessments and other relevant documents).
- Lead the strategy of the integrated evidence generation activities, incl. clinical studies, Investigator Initiated Studies, RWD and others.
- Accountable for the oversight of all clinical trials within medical affairs for assigned products/DA, including affiliate clinical trials.
- Recognises potential medical interests for line extensions according to scientific rationale and good understanding of the actual and anticipated future directions of medical practice.
- Assesses the needs and coordinates compassionate use of the assigned products.
- In partnership with GPMA and IMT, identifies the evidence generation needs/gaps in order to obtain and maintain patient access and integrates them into the evidence generation strategy.
- Represents PDMA and provides medical expertise to the IPST and other relevant teams
- Develops, advances and maintains TAE interactions and collaborations, incl. those aimed to set up and conduct evidence generation activities.
- Represents the company in peer-to-peer interactions with external collaboration partners, including in patient-company interactions.
- High ethical standards.
- Strategic agility and decision-making ability.
- Functional competencies, including but not limited to organization, prioritization and planning skills, negotiation skills, communication & presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Clinical practice and within the pharmaceutical industry experience (preferably in medical function at global or regional/affiliate level).
- Extensive knowledge of the overall drug development process and experience in development and implementation of clinical trials.
- Relevant clinical and scientific knowledge.
- Proven expertise with a wide range of data and information (e.g. scientific, clinical and regulatory).
- Experience in the principles of data analysis, interpretation and assessing clinical relevance.
- Experience of partnership with TAEs and external organizations is strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of business context, incl. access evidence requirements and external value/decision-making drivers is preferred.
- Previous experience with launch of drugs/indications is a plus.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.