Hobson Prior are seeking a Global Medical Scientific Director to join a global pharmaceutical company who focus on helping millions of patients by creating pioneering medicines and diagnostics tests. This position will be in Switzerland on a contract basis.
- Responsible for or contributes to developing and implementation of medical strategy & tactics and ensures alignment with the overall brand strategy in collaboration with International Portfolio Leader.
- Represents as the company's medical & scientific expert for the assigned product, who provides expert input for the internal and external stakeholders.
- Stays up-to-date of internal and external developments and trends to maintain a fully up-to- date view of internal/external context for the assigned products to ensure optimal medical affairs response in addressing patient needs.
- Makes sure effective and efficient use of resources and acts in line with legal, regulatory and company's standards and codes of practice.
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is required (additional languages are advantageous).
- High self-motivation, capability to work autonomously and as part of a cross-functional team.
- University Degree in Life Sciences is required.
- An advanced Clinical/ Science Degree (e.g., MD, PharmD, PhD, etc.) would be preferred.
- Several years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry, in medical function at global or country level preferably in the areas of oncology, immunology.
- Experience and strong knowledge of the overall drug development process.
- Experience of development of insights driven medical strategy & tactics, before and after product launch, including medical communications, patient/HCP engagement as well as design and conduct of clinical trials; authoring experimental protocols and/ or study results and conclusions.
- Expertise in dealing with wide range of data/ information and developing/ responding to various requests: clinical safety/ regulatory/ legal, etc.
- Prior experience in external collaboration & stakeholder management: TAEs as well as consultants, contractors and agencies.
- Experience of writing clinical publications, Expert Reports and other regulatory documents such as PBRER and DSUR, etc. Because of the international scope of this position, you should be willing to undertake the associated travel.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.