Hobson Prior is working with one of the world's leading specialised medical diagnostic companies, that is seeking to hire a Quality Engineer to be based in the UK on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to work as part of a global community, encompassing a wide range of skills and knowledge. This company’s diverse workforce enables us to deliver new and innovative solutions to the market with shared ideas and a collective dedication to our mission, vision and values.
- To provide quality support to the day to day functions within their manufacturing department.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all quality issues, and audit non-conformances are dealt with efficiently and promptly.
- Manufacturing to own process – and raise NCR
- Quality Engineers are responsible for ensuring that appropriate NCR/CAPA investigations are carried out in conjunction with manufacturing, and root cause analysis within the manufacturing department arising from recurring non-conformances, audit non-conformances, and other investigations using problem solving tools to identify root cause and implement effective corrections / corrective actions.
- Quality engineers will be responsible for the disposition of NCR
- Responsible for quality monitoring within the designated manufacturing department. Review non-conformance and other manufacturing metrics to identify CAPA opportunities.
- Analyse and review process capability data and other quality metrics in order to propose specification or process changes to manufacturing processes.
- Research, recommend and implement new and improved gauging, measurement and data acquisition systems to improve inspection efficiency and repeatability and reproducibility of measurement systems
Updating documentation where required using the standard format templates, ensuring documents are updated in a timely manner.
- To contribute to the development of policies, procedures, specifications and protocols within the department.
- Responsible for ensuring SOP management within the department.
Process validation / Equipment
- Experience of working within QA Engineering or manufacturing QA position in a manufacturing environment within the IVD or Medical Device Industry/ or regulatory industry
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good understanding for Quality principles / Quality systems.
- Experience of non-conforming product and corrective action processes.
- Problem solver.
- Work attitude that exhibits drive, creativity, collaboration, assertiveness, good judgment, decision making and ambition.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers; highly functioning team leader and team member in a multi-skilled, dynamic business environment.
- Leadership Skills: Proven ability to influence others and lead significant change.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills
- A level or equivalent Working knowledge of FDA part 820, ISO 13485
- Desirable: Degree or equivalent in Biological sciences or similar
Quality Assurance/ manufacturing engineering background Currently working in a similar role.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life science recruiter focussed on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.