Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Development Associate, for an exciting opportunity to join a biotechnology company who focus on developing a completely new class of therapeutics. In this position you will assist in material manufacturing using shake flasks and wave bag bioreactors and will also be involved in supporting up-stream process development projects.
- Excellent aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture (adherent and/or suspension cultures).
- Create exosome harvests to support internal and external pipeline studies.
- Create exosome material for downstream process development and process characterisation.
- Wave bag and/or stir tank bioreactor use for larger scale runs
- Up-stream process development.
- Implement good documentation practices.
- Plan daily workload, (e.g. the operation of equipment, cell culture, bioreactor runs, data analysis and report writing) based on experimental plans and timescales set out by their supervisor.
- Identify, record and inform their supervisor of issues pertaining to operational problems or scientific/technical issues relating to their daily workload
- Communicate verbally and in writing within the CMC group.
- Present scientific data at internal CMC meetings.
- Write/revise/review SOP’s, risk assessments, protocols and reports.
- Complete laboratory tasks including general housekeeping, equipment monitoring
- Computer literate including MS Word and Excel.
- Able to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and written.
- Capable of receiving and correctly following instructions and seek clarification if instructions are unclear.
- BSc or MSc in Biological Sciences/cell biology.
- 1-5 years’ experience in a relevant work environment.
- Previous experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with large scale manufacturing / bioprocessing.
- Prior experience of operating Bioreactor systems (Stirred tank / hollow fiber / Wave systems).
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.