Hobson Prior are looking for a Key Account Manager to join an international specialty biopharmaceutical company who are dedicated to rare diseases to join them on a permanent basis in London. As the Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for developing, managing and maximising productive relationships with key customers and stakeholders.
- Responsible to deliver the agreed business goals and sales through intelligent, compliant, commercial activities within the defined territory.
- Obtain and apply relevant knowledge of the market place, both local and national for our brands and therapy areas.
- Proactively gather, interpret and communicate relevant data and insights, through customer and stakeholder interaction.
- Recognise and assess market opportunities, agree and implement tactics in collaboration with the cross functional team in order to maximize the business opportunity, always keeping the focus on the patient and their ability to access our products and services within the NHS and limited private sector.
- Manage activities on the territory to optimise the number of productive customer interactions through face to face calls, meetings and other available channels.
- Actively embrace and utilize the CRM system to ensure that the minimum standards of record keeping, and customer contact are achieved, and the information is regularly used to self-monitor achievements and guide improvements in performance and business outcomes.
- Share and communicate market knowledge and customer insights internally with team members (Commercial, Medical and Patient Access and as appropriate).
- You will take ownership to execute account plan / brand plan activities, and continuously revise and update local plans to ensure future business growth.
- Analyse sales and activities, including budget and future forecasts for the territory aligned with local /national requirements and minimum standards.
- Identify, interact and develop professional partnerships with Key Opinion Leaders, key customers and other relevant stakeholders within the territory.
- Self-starter, high energy, positive thinker, excellent business, sales, social and communication skills, confident in taking a leadership role, ownership and accountability for all business activities and outcomes within the territory.
- Thrives in a dynamic, agile, solution orientated small organization that relies on seamless cross functional working.
- Confident and open to personal feedback and coaching to improve own performance.
- Great communication skills (both oral and written communication and fluent in English).
- Works with and aligned to wider business goals and decision making.
- IT skills (MS Office programs, Veeva CRM).
- A driven sales professional with 2 years demonstrable outcomes and success within London.
- Documented track record of successful selling and key account management within highly scientific disease areas.
- Academic, medical or paramedical education or experience from similar Pharmaceutical sales/KAM role that required a suitable level of background knowledge to be credible in scientific and medical discussions in highly specialized disease areas.
- Profound knowledge of the local market (including health care, local reimbursement, formulary and prescribing systems that allow rapid availability and uptake of new and existing medicines).
- Specialty medicine key account management experience is ideal, with demonstrable success in building effective networks with all levels of NHS stakeholders and professionally representing the company within these networks to a very high level.
- Knowledge of the local and national health systems and decision-making processes.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.