Hobson Prior is seeking a Site Contracts Manager for a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. This Site Contracts Manager role will be based in the UK or Germany on a permanent basis.
- Lead negotiations and management of clinical site/investigator contracts (including fees/budgets) and scope changes to insure a cost-effective, expeditious and successful solution to outsourcing needs. Take the lead on negotiations when necessary and follow up with CRO and pending issues.
- Lead negotiation of documents for clinical studies including, but not limited to; indemnification letters, power of attorney, confidential disclosure agreements, and informed consents
- Support the study team’s reconciliation of each study closeout for site payments and verify UCB has record of all final site agreements.
- Collaborate with clinical study team to determine the clinical trial specificities to be considered in the clinical site/investigator contract terms and conditions and to identify potential sites / country specificities.
- Collaborate with Head of Site Contact Management, Legal, Insurance, and other departments, as necessary, to customize standard site and investigator contracts and templates for each trial and country.
- Assist in the development of detailed specifications of the project activities, distribute to CRO, and manage the negotiation process with the clinical sites/investigators by supporting the CRO as needed.
- Ensure that all clinical site/investigator contracts appropriately represent the responsibilities of the various parties involved in the clinical study.
- Support and assist the Head of Site Contract Management in operational questions and issues related to site contract management.
- Track and ensure execution of all clinical site/investigator contracts, as well as distribution and filing.
- Legal or paralegal background, detail-oriented.
- Team leadership and strong people management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment, taking into account different cultures and laws.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Good negotiation, facilitation, and conflict management skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft office suite
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- FDA/EMA and other relevant regulations and guidance
- CH/GCP and regulatory environment
- Development processes and roles/responsibilities
- Ability to identify, assess and implement best practices throughout the function
- Significant experience negotiating legal language and budgets with clinical sites/investigators.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or CRO industry. Experience managing and/or working with CROs is a plus.
- A track record of successful investigator site contract negotiations is a plus.
- Good leadership skills, networking skills, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in any of several concentrations: science, finance, legal, business. Master’s degree in the same concentrations is preferred. A legal and business background is a plus.
- Experience with GrantPlan, Grant Manager, or similar databases are a plus for site budget/grant development
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life science recruiter focussed on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.