Hobson Prior are currently looking for an Associate Director Study Physician for an exciting position to join a leading world-wide biopharmaceutical company on a contract basis. Our client has a late stage pipeline that presents opportunities to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
- Manage global or regional studies within the Immuno-Oncology franchise.
- Involvement in the design, conduct, monitoring, data interpretation and reporting of individual clinical trials, making sure that all clinical studies operate to the highest ethical and safety standards and in compliance with Good Clinical Practice and regulatory requirements.
- You will be a peer among the industry, medicine and/or academic community within the field of pharmaceutical medicine and/or area of Immuno-Oncology specialty.
- Deliver expert scientific and clinical input to teams in the Immuno-Oncology therapeutic area under the direction of the Group Director with a matrix relationship to the Medical Science Director.
- Accountable for protecting the integrity and conduct of clinical studies whilst also providing consultation to clinical operation colleagues on protocol design questions and answering protocol related questions from site investigators.
- Give strategic/tactical specialist input to clinical development and commercialization programs and data interpretation and maintain up to date awareness of all important advances within a given disease area through scientific literature, attendance at critical meetings and relationships with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Ensure that all work is carried out with regards to the company standards and external regulations, establish and maintain communications with prominent clinical investigators in field of expertise and liaise with internal and external medical community to follow developments within your area of expertise.
- Capable of working across projects and to foster interactions between teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills that influence and shape the image of the organization.
- Ability to function within a matrix environment; to contribute to decision-making and reaching alignment to meet challenging timelines.
- Can communicate effectively with internal stakeholders as well as external partners and collaborators; good presentation skills.
- Graduate of a recognized school of medicine with an M.D. degree or equivalent.
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Oncology is required; specialty training and/or clinical experience and strong academic track record in Immuno-Oncology, Tumour Immunology, or Immunotherapy would be preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years or more years of direct industry drug development experience or 3-4 years’ post fellowship clinical trial experience in an academic setting collaborating with pharmaceutical sponsors.
- Prior experience in designing, monitoring and implementing clinical trials and interpreting trial results, including an understanding of biostatistics and safety reporting.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry R&D, particularly of major clinical milestones and of the factors which influence those decision points.
- Understanding of the interplay between clinical development, lifecycle management, commercial objectives and regulatory requirements.
- A strong clinical and specialty background in Oncology and/or Immuno-Oncology.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.