Hobson Prior is seeking an Associate Director Study Management for an exciting position based in the UK on a permanent basis. The client is a world leading pharmaceutical company and joining them will enable you to make key contributions as the operational leader for the set-up, delivery, reporting and archiving of global studies. This Associate Director Study Management job is an office-based role with a highly competitive package.
In this Study Management role, you will make key contributions as the operational leader for the set-up, delivery, reporting and archiving of global studies within assigned programmes to time, cost and quality through leadership of international, multi-disciplinary, cross-functional study teams. You will work primarily within the Oncology therapy area, focusing on early, typically Phase 1, 2a, and 2b Proof of Concept studies. You will work in a broad position which is science led, but operationally focused; influencing stakeholders from across the project team such as the Translational Scientist.
- Lead the study delivery team(s), by planning and driving the delivery and reporting of all components of the company sponsored Early Clinical Development (ECD)-led global clinical studies (internally-led and outsourced models) to time, quality, budget, project standards and scientific requirements.
- Liaise with the Global Medicines Development Clinical Operations Group, to identify and resolve operational feasibility issues, and facilitate study start-up activities.
- Responsible for forecasting and ensuring the day-to-day management of study timelines and budget, materials, and the development of detailed study level plans and feasibility assessments. Your broad remit will also involve implementing globally agreed study level process and technology for clinical studies.
- Proven experience leading international studies in early stage oncology clinical development
- A background of delivering through strategic partners and third-party vendors.
- Established people and project leadership skills
- Clinical drug development project management experience.
- A university degree in a related discipline, preferably in biological science, or an area associated with Clinical Research
- To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate an Agile approach to your work, being able to act and modify your plans based on emerging data that comes out of the studies.
- You will need to be pioneering, and, and not overly reliant on hard processes, with a confidence to seek out solutions, often novel ways of working to address problems as you encounter them.
- As you will be leading cross functional teams within and outside of the clinical group, you will need to use your collaboration skills to influence stakeholders, to identify win/win scenarios for all parties.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to the exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life science recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading specialist life science recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.