Hobson Prior are looking for an Associate Director or Principal Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company who purely concentrate on neurology and immunology. You will work within the Non-Clinical PKPD group whose focus is to use integrated approaches as an essential strategic driver from target to market to bring differentiated solutions to patients.
- Deliver scientific and technical input, expertise and leadership to Non-clinical PKPD group, project teams, and Development Sciences.
- Develop and drive the nonclinical PKPD strategy for projects.
- Ensure translation from in vitro data and in vivo nonclinical studies to prediction of efficacy and safety in patients.
- Initiate and engage in multifunctional collaborations to facilitate the advancement of drug candidates and build a thorough knowledge of drug pharmacology and PKPD, leading to quantitative translation to the clinic.
- Build PKPD models of sufficient complexity to allow hypothesis testing and inform decision-making.
- Represent the interests of Dev Sci internally and externally in matters relevant to mechanistic PKPD and contribute to enhancing the scientific reputation of Non-Clinical PKPD, Dev Sci and UCB.
- Contribute to Due Diligence of external project, product and technology opportunities.
- Deliver required support and input into regulatory study protocols, reports and summaries, and regulatory submission documents.
- Work within collaborations with external partners, academic institutions, CROs and consultants as required.
- Sustain an awareness of new / emerging techniques and tools relevant to the field.
- Innovative and self-motivated individual.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven leadership skills in a matrix environment, capable of working effectively in teams and influencing relevant stakeholders.
- PhD in relevant discipline (pharmacology, bioengineering, pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics, etc.)
- Good understanding of pharmacology and pharmacologic processes related to disease and drug mechanisms.
- Expertise and demonstrated application of PKPD methods and concepts in support of drug discovery and development; systems modelling experience would be advantageous
- Proven experience in developing and executing effective nonclinical PKPD strategies from early discovery through to clinic.
- Experience working within a matrix environment with a wide range of internal stakeholders including Non-Clinical Safety, Bioanalysis, Clinical Pharmacology and Translational Medicine.
- Record of publications and other external scientific contributions relevant to PKPD.
- Experience in using modelling and simulation packages such as Phoenix, Berkeley Madonna, Monolix, R, etc.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.