Associate Director Genetics
Location: Stevenage, UK
Salary range: £60,000 - £80,000 per annum
About Gyroscope Therapeutics
GYROSCOPE’s mission is to develop cutting edge gene therapies in retinal diseases with high unmet medical need. This mission is based on the convergence of science in understanding of the importance of the immune system in the development of certain retinal diseases, new knowledge about the role of genetics in such diseases and advancements in gene therapy.
GYROSCOPE is funded by Syncona Ltd and Cambridge Enterprise.
· Mining of molecular data from all available sources, performing analyses, including identification and classification of sequence variants of specific genes of interest, and interpreting this data in the context of the clinical indication and disease biology
· Working with the translational team to correlate and integrate molecular and clinical data
· Contributing to the translational strategy, including assay development, designing research, and writing crisp protocols
· Communicating results
· Conducting or supervising lab research of other biologists or technicians working on research projects; and
· Research project management
Education and experience requirements
· A PhD in a relevant discipline
· Strong scientific background with a knowledge of current genomics technologies, and experience in translational medicine
· Demonstrable statistical skills with experience of analysing large-scale genetic/genomic data
· Ophthalmology or immunology genetics, whole-exome sequencing/GWAS/genotyping data analysis, biomarker identification and assay development, proteomics, and/or gene therapy experience is highly desirable
· Experience designing and leading research projects
· Independent working style with high self-motivation to attain team goals in an entrepreneurial environment
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
· Effective team player with the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
Remunerations and benefits:
For the successful candidate there will be an excellent remuneration package including access to a discretionary bonus element based on company performance, and a discretionary equity incentive.
The closing date for applications is <in 31 days from sate of posting>