Hobson Prior is working with a clinical-stage drug discovery and development discovering organisation who advance pioneering therapies to advance the standard of treatments for serious infectious diseases. This innovative company is seeking a Associate Director/Director of Project Management on a permanent basis, located in Oxford.
- Supports the leadership team across all departments to ensure robust organisation and control of key company projects with a strong focus on financial control partnering with Finance.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, anticipating potential problems, and proactively develops and seeks approval for risk mitigation plans.
- Applies project management expertise & methodologies to define the project scope, goals and deliverables to support business objectives.
- Applies risk and change management techniques. Identifies and manages project dependencies; maps and manages critical path activities.
- Develops best practices and tools for project management and execution. Works closely with Finance to develop budgets and forecasts and associated change management.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members, senior leaders and the broader organization.
- Escalates issues to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Organises and supports senior management in facilitating team members in their roles.
- Accountable for establishing project management activities, and acting a main point of contact, with external funding bodies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to influence project stakeholders.
- Must be proactive in risk identification and management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial acumen to develop/manage program budgets.
- Educated to degree level in a scientific discipline.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in project management in the life-sciences sector.
- Strong project management experience to enable precise execution.
- Knowledge of drug development processes and strategies.
- Prior experience in pharma/biotech drug development in late stage clinical development programs is essential, additional experience in preclinical drug discovery would be preferred.
- Strong experience in facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication, decision making and ensuring alignment with internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience of complex late stage clinical development programs is essential.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.