Hobson Prior are seeking an Associate Director Clinical Operations to join an externally funded drug development company on a permanent basis. Our client focuses on discovering and developing new and affordable antimalarial drugs. This position will deliver clinical operations support and expertise to make sure sponsored trials are properly planned and executed.
- Deliver guidance to make sure sponsored trials are properly planned, resourced and executed, in alignment with the project strategy, portfolio priorities and in collaboration with the project or clinical leader.
- Provide oversight of assigned clinical trial operations with regards to planning, execution and reporting.
- Recognise risks/mitigations and implement corrective actions in collaboration with the Quality Manager.
- Advise on operational aspects of partner sponsored trials where appropriate, reflecting ‘added value’ that the organisation brings to the partnership.
- Ensure trial design and conduct are fully compliant with ICH/GCP, National Regulatory Authority and Stringent Regulatory Authority standards
- Partner collaboratively with internal key functions to implement processes aiming to optimize the quality and efficiency of trial preparation and conduct.
- Recruit and oversee qualified staff responsible for clinical trial management.
- Partake in the Request for Proposal process, and in bid defense meetings to select the CROs and service providers.
- Supply reports as required on metrics associated with clinical trial deliverables in terms of quality, productivity, budgets, and timelines.
- A meticulous eye to detail with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Capable of supporting and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Ability to work well with all levels of collaborators both within and without the company.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and can handle significant responsibility as well as shifting priorities.
- University degree in Life Sciences or related field (advanced clinical degree preferred).
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in clinical trial implementation in a pharmaceutical or biotech company.
- An understanding of FDA and EMA regulatory requirements and ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Experience with all operational aspects of clinical trial programs.
- Knowledge of cross-functional areas associated with clinical development and operations.
- Fluent in English both oral and written (working knowledge of French is desirable).
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.