Hobson Prior is seeking an Associate Director, Clinical Development (Epidemiology) for a well-known global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to work at a top global pharmaceutical company that has a workforce of more than 6,700 employees across multiple sites in the UK.
- The Associate Director, Epidemiology is a strategic as well as scientific role and involves designing and executing effective and efficient epidemiology strategy for drug and enablement projects, sometimes at a global level.
- Interaction with diverse scientific, technical and business experts to ensure scientific quality and timely effective project delivery while adhering to ethical requirements and responding to business needs.
- Consults with more senior staff as necessary to provide specialist guidance and direction to project teams, senior leaders, and other colleagues to ensure optimal management of high-impact project opportunities and risks.
- Works independently in the design, execution, analysis, interpretation, and internal and external communication of specific epidemiological studies.
- Manages externally commissioned research projects, which includes establishing, maintaining, and expanding relationships to partner effectively with external experts and research groups to negotiate time frames, provide recommendations on resource requirements, and ensure delivery of the tasks as agreed.
- Promotes good epidemiological practice and represents the company’s position when interacting with external experts, collaborative groups, and contract research organizations; and will keep abreast of epidemiological developments within academia, regulatory, and among key opinion leaders.
- This role requires taking a leadership role in a range of activities, including delivery of experienced epidemiology strategy, support, and scientific leadership to project teams and the epidemiology global skills group, at all stages of pharmaceutical development.
- The incumbent has substantial experience in epidemiological research in drug development or in a closely related academic research area.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in epidemiology or related health science field and experience in the health care environment.
- Alternatively, an MSc or MPH with substantial experience in the health care environment or equivalent.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or in closely related academic epidemiological research
- Experience managing complex medical evidence plans
- Sustained productivity in epidemiological research as manifest by successful design, execution, and publication of original epidemiological research relevant to drug discovery and development (e.g., drug safety) or commercialization in peer-reviewed journal
- Experience in utilizing secondary data and conducting primary data collection studies
- Emerging recognition by the external scientific communities as an expert in the application of epidemiology to areas relevant to drug development and commercialization
- Able to provide critical appraisal to study designs and published studies
- Excellent knowledge in epidemiological methodology and ability to apply it within the pharmaceutical industry at an international level
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life science recruiter focussed on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.