Hobson Prior is seeking a Global Director of Biometrics for an exciting position based in Paris. Our client is a leading medical device company who focus on manufacturing and marketing high quality medical devices around the world. This position will be responsible for all tasks of data management, statistical programming, biostatistics, quality statistics and data science and will report to the Head of Clinical Affairs.
- Direct the Biometrics department (Statistical Programming, Biostatistics, Data Management and Data Science) in aspects of internal and external resourcing, budgets, quality of deliverables and project timeframes.
- Daily management of a small team of Biostatisticians, Statistical Programmers and Data Managers including both personal and team development.
- Assure the development and adaptation of new data management platforms and statistical methodology in support of device development.
- Attend meetings with Regulatory and Market Access governing bodies regarding all statistical-related activities.
- Contribute to the selection of external vendors and supervise the performance for the outsourced Biometrics activities.
- Maintaining information of international regulations and guidance, new programming and database technologies and standards.
- Deliver technical advice to the Biometrics team, understand the future needs of the team members and guide the development of direct reports through mentoring and coaching.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a great attention to detail.
- Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- PhD (preferred) or MSc Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics (or similar).
- In-depth knowledge within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Biotech sectors.
- Experience in Biostatistics or Programming role.
- Previous experience in a Management and/or Leadership role.
- Understanding of data management operations and clinical database applications.
- Track record of significant participation in a successful PMA or NDA submission.
- Knowledge with regulatory body inspections of clinical trials, post-market studies and quality systems.
- Track record of publications and presentations/abstracts.
- Knowledge of SAS.
- Familiar with Regulatory body audits of clinical trial.
- 10+ years of statistical analysis experience within the medical devices or pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous experience in biostatistics and data management/programming
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focussed on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.