Senior Director of Medical Science
Hobson Prior are looking for a Senior Director of Medical Science to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation focused on recognising and developing new mechanism antibiotics for the treatment of serious infections. This is a permanent position that can either be based in Cambridge, Boston or Bay area.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in either of these locations.
- To represent as the medical lead of the infectious disease product paediatric/adult studies.
- Have medical oversight of ongoing infectious disease product studies.
- Have expert insight into the infectious disease product benefit/risk ratio.
- Together with clinical operations, have accountability for study execution including recruitment goals, data quality and efficient use of resources and adherence to strategic initiatives.
- Co-operate with the GML of the infectious disease product program on building relationships with leading principle investigators of all infectious disease product studies with the objective to support patient enrolment and enhance data quality.
- Co-operate with the GML of the infectious disease product program on the clinical data analyses with the objective to generate scientific evidence for infectious disease product.
- To provide ongoing medical monitoring for the infectious disease product clinical studies, including assessment of eligibility criteria, patient characteristics, endpoint and biomarker data and drug safety results and surveillance.
- Lead review and interpretation of safety results of clinical studies in the infectious disease product program including safety signal detection.
- To provide medical leadership for the ongoing data quality review and medical monitoring of study data including generation of queries.
- To provide medical input for the development and implementation of the generation of scientific evidence for infectious disease product and the related publication strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate outstanding presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of analysing and succinctly and efficiently presenting medical and clinical problems and research questions.
- Proactive nature with ability to work independently and use initiative.
- A robust team player.
- Medical Doctor licensed in the USA; preferred specialisation in infectious diseases / internal medicine.
- Phase 3 experience is essential.
- A minimum of 6 years industry experience in all phases of drug development; infectious disease product development experience strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in clinical data analyses.
- Preferably strong scientific background like a PhD in a medical area.
- An in-depth understanding of pharmaceutical and medical science
- Proven experience in scientific research including publication of scientific papers.
- Understands the dynamic and requirements of working in a small company.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to company, expert, scientific, investigator, and other meetings (up to 30% travel may be required).
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.