Procurement Specialist Buyer
Hobson Prior has partnered with a top pharmaceutical organisation who are recruiting for a Procurement Specialist Buyer to join them on a permanent basis. This position will be accountable for supporting strategic Purchasing activities at the organisation's manufacturing facility in Braintree.
- Analysis, coordination, and recording of data to ensure the timely arrival of materials needed to support production and business initiatives (this includes but is not limited to helping develop and use systems, entering data, maintaining communications with internal and external resources and customers).
- Accountable for creating and monitoring purchase orders. Ensuring requisitions are processed for procurement of materials/goods, services and/or supplies in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of the ERP system (currently SAP By Design) and relevant supplier databases, including following up with other departments and suppliers to enable release, tracking, and documentation of materials purchased.
- Apply Procurement Procedures and Policies at all times.
- Update contracts on monthly/quarterly basis for the organisation.
- Provide AP support and invoice/PO discrepancy resolution.
- Monthly forecasting for suppliers. Consolidation of demand reporting between Supply Chain, Procurement and Finance.
- Other miscellaneous support for general purchasing functions (tracking inventory run out, historical receipts and data, etc.).
- Coordinate with finance on monthly reporting and reconciliation of data.
- Assist with new vendor setup process; document requests; PO request and creation.
- Project Management skills are highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Ability to adapt in a changing and dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
- Highly detail oriented.
- A good team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Degree qualified with 1-3 years relevant technical work experience.
- 1-3 years of previous experience of working in a purchasing/procurement and/or supply chain role.
- Awareness and understanding of procuring through OJEU and PCR2015.
- Experienced in the tracking and being exclusively responsible for logistics departmental expenditures ensuring adherence to operating budget.
- Demonstratable knowledge of business practices and resolution of procurement issues.
- Experience of production planning of production schedules including an understanding of arranging delivery to warehousing or production facilities from both domestic & international origins.
- Experience of daily collaboration with packaging and raw material suppliers to track lead-times on open orders.
- Experience of reviewing and coordinating transportation contract negotiations, to ensure service level standards are met with support from leadership.
- Stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of purchase order process.
- A professional procurement qualification through a recognized professional body preferred.
- Systems experience within an ERP (preferably SAP but not essential) environment.
- Advanced Microsoft and Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Knowledge of an ERP system required (preferably SAP by Design but this is not essential).
- Analyse and track industry market trends to assist in department strategy execution.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.