Microbial Fermentation Research Scientist
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are looking for a Microbial Fermentation Research Scientist to strengthen the Upstream Process Sciences team at a leading biopharmaceutical company on an initial 12-month contract basis, with the option to extend or to go permanent.
- Work in conjunction with various process scientists and analytical scientists as well as research and clinical manufacturing groups.
- Apply knowledge in microbial process development, biochemical engineering, statistics, molecular biology, analytical methods and cellular metabolism to assist in the process development and optimisation of upstream processes producing protein therapeutics for projects at the early stage of clinical development.
- Performing microbial process development experiments for the improvement of existing processes at lab and pilot scale (from 250mL to 200L).
- Recognising scale-up challenges and developing vigorous processes for tech transfer to manufacturing scale.
- Trending and examining laboratory data in order to present results to line manager, USP team and at internal meetings.
- Providing traceable records of lab work, experimental design and report writing.
- Representing the Upstream Process Sciences group in cross-functional project teams.
- Providing support with reviewing, writing and updating internal procedures and documents.
- Contributing to the upkeep and organisation of a safe laboratory working environment, including involvement in writing and reviewing HSE risk assessments related to USP activities.
- Providing technical knowledge in upstream processing for internal customers.
- Ability to design and perform process development experiments as well as exceptional data interpretation, drawing of conclusions and proposals for further work.
- Capability to learn and use appropriate data management concepts and tools.
- Experience writing comprehensive and accurate SOPs and protocols/reports.
- Having an understanding of E.coli physiology would be beneficial.
- Proven expertise in the operation of lab and pilot scale microbial processes, including the use of various bioreactor systems and relevant operating control software.
- Involvement with high throughput technologies, automation, miniaturisation, statistics and/or programming is preferred.
- Experience in cGMP and large-scale manufacturing equipment and practices and with the transfer of technology to cGMP operations is preferred.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£70000 - £75000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently working with a gene therapy organisation who are determined to develop possible curative treatments for patients who are living with serious illnesses.