This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior currently have a new opportunity for a Laboratory Director to join a top organisation who delivers millions of products to hundreds of countries all over the world. Our client is now focused on ensuring high-volume testing capacity for COVID-19 and have begun the work of building incremental testing capacity. This role is based in Manchester on a permanent basis.
- You will be accountable for the scientific oversight of the laboratory design, build and assist our logistics teams in procurement decisions.
- You will be accountable for the performance of testing in a high-performance laboratory.
- Ensure testing systems developed and used for each of the tests performed in the laboratory provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of test performance.
- Perform the duties of the technical supervisor, clinical consultant, general supervisor, and lab personnel, or delegate these responsibilities to personnel meeting the qualifications.
- To ensure that testing is properly performed, and applicable regulatory standards are met.
- To ensure that the laboratory implements testing while consistently providing accurate and reliable test results.
- Ensure physical and environmental conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe environment in which personnel are protected from physical, chemical, and biological hazards and ensure that all other risks to health and safety are controlled effectively.
- Ensure verification procedures used are adequate to determine the accuracy, precision, and other pertinent performance characteristics of the method, and that laboratory personnel are performing the test methods as required for accurate and reliable results.
- Ensure the results are returned within appropriate time frames and all testing reports are reviewed by the appropriate staff to evaluate the laboratory's performance and to identify any problems that require corrective action.
- Any other assigned duties.
- PhD in biomedical sciences subject OR Fellowship of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences.
- Prior experience as a senior manager of laboratory facilities, operating at CL2 or above.
- Have extensive experience directing or supervising high performance microbiology or virology testing in a laboratory.
- Recognised management qualifications and /or attendance at courses on relevant management issues.
- Extensive knowledge of microbiology, ideally virology and diagnostic techniques.
- Hold a doctoral degree with a microbiological specialism, ideally virology.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Hobson Prior currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Lab Scientist to join a top organisation who delivers products all over the world.
£20 - £25 per hour
Hobson Prior are currently working with a leading biotech organisation who are focused on the treatment of solid cancers. Our client is looking for a Research Associate - Cell Biology
$108000 - $128000 per annum
Hobson Prior are recruiting for a Senior Scientist Downstream Process Development to join a biotech organisation, focusing on improving health
$108000 - $128000 per annum
Hobson Prior are currently looking for a Senior Scientist Upstream Process Development to join a late-stage biotech organisation, specialising in improving health