Health and Safety Officer
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Hobson Prior are looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join a leading pharmaceutical organisation on a permanent basis, where you will have the ability to work from home when possible. Our client focuses on advancing the growth of cell and gene therapy research across the UK, helping to promote the use of these therapies throughout the health services all over the world.
- Accountable to ensure a safe workplace environment identifying and mitigating risk to health and safety.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure that all health and safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Co-ordinate the collaborative cross function safety champions and ensure actions and responsibilities are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents, near misses, and observations are documented, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed, and employees are aware of their responsibilities and obligations.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company, ensuring that complete and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Communicate with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Confidential in all matters.
- You have a professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- A minimum of 5+ years recent and relevant experience in a similar role.
- Provision of legally compliant advice to managers/supervisors.
- Responsibility of undertaking H&S investigations and subsequent actions.
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures.
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified.
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate.
- COSHH Trained.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
€60000 - €70000 per annum
Hobson Prior are seeking a System Architect Device Product Area to join a global leading manufacturer in the field of medical technology